Strategy to meet IRS e-file requirements
1099-NEC and W-2s are due to both the IRS and Recipients by Jan. 31, 2022.
- The strategy: E-file what you have by Jan. 31. Then, get those E-corrections done by Aug. 1.
- Original forms have to be e-filed by Jan. 31; however, you have until Aug. 1 to make e-corrections.
- Do your best to have good info by Jan. 31, but you do have 6 months to fix any errors.
- File for a 30-day extension using form 8809 or fill in the online 8809 at the IRS FIRE site. Do this between Jan. 1 and 31.
- Track1099 will automatically prompt you to schedule W-2 and 1099-NEC by Jan. 31.
- All other forms should wait to be e-filed to the IRS in March, giving you time to get recipient feedback and make any fixes.
- If you e-deliver to your Recipients, they may automatically pick up their original and corrected forms online.
- Use Track1099's online W-4 and W-9 service to make sure all of your Vendor information is up to date.
Track1099 is committed to making sure you easily meet these IRS deadlines.